Friday, February 22, 2008

Virtual Art or Vapor Art?

Well...I got a little carried away. Colored under-layers and some erasing all behind a doodle composite that began as an exercise in extracting a pen and ink drawing.

To the untrained eye this might look like an ugly mess, and maybe it is.
To my eye it has redeeming qualities, the colors, the textures, the movement.... I rest my case.

No it won't be on my next Christmas card, I probably won't even print it, it is just an experimental art happening for the moment. No big investment of energy, or materials, or fore-thought...
Perhaps that is why I distrust this technology, art becomes disposable just like everything else in this modern age of technology and consumerism.

"Vapor-art!"

Thanks to todays advanced technology and manufacturing we all get to have lots of stuff and most of it is broken.

Bits and bytes, zeros and ones, dust to dust in a digital age.